Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PEP needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROTA78

Technical User
Aug 18, 2007
CA
Hi,

I need the recent pep's for CS1000E rles 5.5.

Any one could help.

Thank you,

Rafat

Vendor or Nortel Website if you are a partner or coam.

Mato' Was'aka

Hi,

we have some PBX but we haven't any profile on Nortel website.

Thanks....

No one is allowed to just send/give you Deps/Peps. Sorry. You will have to get in contact with a Telco Vendor that is a Nortel Partner and pay them to do that for you.

Mato' Was'aka

Pep's depend on what software version, certain processor types, callpilot version and other features you may have or not have.You will aslo need to read the "read me files too " You living on the edge of messing up !

Thank for the peace of info.

Actually Nortel is Making this issue as pravicy,
while the PEP's is a certain bugs exist in its s/w, and need to be corrected...

It is not an optional, it is like someone making mistake and then ask you to pay for hem in order to fix it...

Thank you again.

If you do not have a maintenance contract then you will have to pay for someone's time to gather the appropriate PEPs and install them properly. If you were to call me I would have to charge for my time. The system should have been installed with the latest peps. You do not mention how long the system has been installed. Patches are not automatic as the system was working as designed and programmed at the time of installation. It may very well be that things have been activated since the installation that are now causing the problem. How can anyone cover that. It is not that they are charging for the patch rather that they are charging for their time and Nortel is the most expensive labor for this.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

Besides all that, what happens if you run a pep you downloaded from "some guy on the internet" and it cause a system failure? Who do you blame? Hopefully just yourself.

Pay the price and have someone install it properly and you have the peace of mind that it will be taken care of the right way.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back