Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PeopleSoft Single Signon 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknokrat

MIS
Jan 3, 2003
US
Hi,

I am perplexed.. I have implemented LDAP for Enterprise PeopleSoft Portal. I need a way to integrate desktop signon with my portal. In other words when the client logs on to his/her authentication Windows NT Server, they get the desktop. They should be able to click on the browser and automatically bypass the PeopleSoft Logon Menu and see the Portal. I am loosing my hair.. Please help.

Teknikrat!

In talking with the GSC, I was under the impression that a user must still enter their userid and password. Through LDAP, PS would then suck all other authentication information (such as roles etc) out of AD for example.

We have implemented this at our site using LDAP, and Perl CGI. If you are still interested send a post and I will give you more info. It is quite complex but once its set up, there are few problems

I am very interested in getting the details around how you solved this problem bloke. Bloke please post more information as we are in the midst of working on this problem now. John Manfreda
PeopleSoft Solutions
Answerthink
A Business Process Enabling Company

Sorry about the delay in getting back but I have been very busy on other things. I will give a high level detail and if you need more, I promise to monitor the thread closely over the following week.

First of all, you require the following components ->

A Perl CGI-script to handle the access of LDAP
Obviously perl needs to be installed and you require the Perl LDAP modules ( )
Perl DBI ( Oracle in our case )

The signon screen for our peoplesoft app is set to point initially to the cgi script that does most of the work. Its main parts are

1) Call the LDAP modules to get the users name
2) Check that a cookie does not already exist for the user. If so, simply call the index.html for peoplesoft
3) If no cookie exists, the cgi-script will then make a call to the oracle database ( psoprdefn etc ). If there is no match, we redirect to a page that tells the user they have no rights otherwise set a cookie and redirect the user to the index.html for peoplesoft.

There is also setup work in having an ops$ account for apache.

As I said, if you require the exact code, I will go to more effort than this high level intro. Also, a big advantage with this setup is that I have a number of other applications that require no passwords and I have given them this style of processing also thereby having a universal single signon for any UNIX app.

Chris

Please will you post the code. We are trying to do something similar, but I'm just not sure what code we need add to check whether the cookie exists.

Folks,

We are trying to do something very similar. We have a JSP page that has the username/password collected from our intranet login page. We would like to directly log into our PSFT 8.x web app from our intranet portal and bypass the PSFT login form. Since we do not have any SSO software like Netegrity or Oblix, we want to be able to post to the PSFT login page from our JSP page and log in directly. OR if we can log into the PSFT web app through the URL?

Does anyone have any samples of direct URL based login to PSFT 8.x web apps where the username and password can be passed as parameters through the URL?

Thanks

Hi Darsiah ,

I am also having the same problem .Can you please let me know if you have got any samples of direct URL based login to PSFT 8.x web apps where the username and password can be passed as parameters through the URL?
Please if you have any ideas or info please please let me know thanks .

I am new to PeopleSoft and I am having a terrible time with it, would someone from this board please call me and help me? (561)745-6411 Thank you

I did some search about this problem also, and i find a way to log on directly to a peoplesoft sign on, using html and javascript. Mixed with a little bit of PHP and LDAP, it could solve most of your case ....

Here is the code :
mypeoplesoftserver : url to the webserver
USER : username
PASSWORD : password

<html>
<head>

</head>
<script LANGUAGE=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
function signin(form)
{
var now=new Date();
form.timezoneOffset.value=now.getTimezoneOffset();
return ;
}

</script>

<body Onload=&quot;signin(login); login.submit();&quot;>
<form action=&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; id=&quot;login&quot; name=&quot;login&quot; autocomplete=off>
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;timezoneOffset&quot; value=&quot;0&quot;>
<input type=&quot;hidden&quot; id=&quot;userid&quot; name=&quot;userid&quot; value=&quot;USER&quot;>
<input TYPE=&quot;hidden&quot; id=&quot;pwd&quot; name=&quot;pwd&quot; value=&quot;PASSWORD&quot;>
</form>
</body>
</html> Enjoy

Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back