Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

People missing in Groupwise address book 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crycris

MIS
Mar 21, 2005
US
I have a client GW 6.5 that is missing numerous email addresses in the Novell Groupwise Address book. How is it possible for someone not to see addresses in the global address book? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am still kind of new to Groupwise. She has no filters in place and I can't find anything that would prevent her from seeing all the addresses. A lot of the missing addresses are in her Frequent Contacts but not all of them. Any help would be appreciated.

Look at the missing user's properties in ConsoleOne. Their visibility should be set to 'System' for everybody to see them in the address book.

If this client is the only client on the same PO who can't find the missing user(s), I would uninstall the client, run the GW Cleaning Agent, and reinstall.

I get more stars for telling people to reinstall... The real gurus on this forum are probably ready to strangle me.

You got the star because you were the first to reply with the quick response that worked. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back