Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pentium Pro Bios Drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a pentium pro 200, i have searched everyehere for the bios ubdates, but have had no luck, could anyone out there help me out, plzzzz
thanx a mil
smily 1

i dont have it on me right now, but do you have any idea where i could find any bios flashes for pentium pro boards

Go to the intel website, who is the manufacterer, u will notice, the ydo not have ay info on pentium pro's, that was the first thing i tried, with no help

Sorry, I meant the motherboard manufacturer's website - you won't find any software at all for Intel processors.

BIOS chips are completely separate to CPUs, which hold no firmware, hence you will require 2 things;

1. BIOS flashing software for your BIOS/motherboard.
2. A binary of the BIOS code.

These can usually be obtained from the manufacturer of the board itself, not the manufacturer of the CPU. This is why you NEED to know the make and model of the mobo.

Hope this clarifies things! CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back