Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PEAP Re-Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2004
US
Hi, I have a WLAN solution implemented. I am running Microsoft CA, IAS (RADIUS), and Active Directory. In my wireless configuration we are using WPA/TKIP and EAP Authentication (PEAP with MS-CHAPv2 or PEAP with EAP-TLS). Everything works perfectly, but whenever I use my laptop again it reauthenticates me without asking me to enter my credentials. I turn on my wirless card and it connects automatically as if my crententials are cached. I believe this something I need to do on the Microsoft Server, but I don't know what. Please advise what I can do to always force authentication? Thanks

cf

I'm having the same problem. Have you tried disabling "enable fast reconnect"? This will prevent the caching of the tls keys and forces a reauthentication after the specified time for wpa/tkip. That might work.
Do you have any idea on how to limit concurrent logons with Windows IAS? We do it here with freeradius in Linux for Dialup/DSL customers, but this is my first go at IAS (solution desired by customer for their ease of administration).

I'm running PEAP w/MSCHAPv2 and I've noticed that the credentials are stored in the registry:

HKLM\software\Microsoft\EAPOL\Parameters\Interfaces\{ID}

If you delete this, it will re-prompt for credentials. Not sure on how to get it to always prompt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back