Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree Data / Network Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott25

Technical User
Feb 6, 2003
US
Hello... Has anybody else had problems with peachtree constantly giving you data errors reflecting back to the network drive. Peachtree tech support tells me there is always a probelm with my network, and I do not think they know what they are talking about. The most common error we see is the famous status.dat error and several input/ouput errors. We are using peachtree 2003. The program files for peachtree are loaded on each workstation, but the data resides on our server. We have a central server with Windows 2000 Server loaded on it. The workstations are comprised of a couple of different operating systems (98, ME, XP)... Any Suggestions... Thanks..

Are you having problems with the W98 machine locking up while in Peachtree? If so that could be what ties up the files and locks you out. Check to see if the status.dat file located in the main data path also make sure that when you installed PT on each of the clients that you used the Network Installation option? The I/O errors are generally caused by computer lock ups or by someone getting impatient and thinking that it has locked up and just rebooting their computer. I have had clients that have had invoice posting take a half hour just for one invoice. You might check the size of your data files and make sure you purge.

PCA 2003 uses a database Btrieve engine version 6.15. The new release use by other produces like Daceasy, MAS90 use Pervasive 7.90. If you have the non PCA products installed, they supercede the old Btrieve 6.15 and are not compatible. Peachtree say to bad, and they own both PCA and Daceasy. The status.dat error is when multiple work stations tried to access the data directory concurrently, not the same client, just the same directory.

Hello,

Noticed your thread and was wondering if you can tell me the easiest way to be able to share peachtree complete acccounting on 2 pc's running winxp. Both pc's are networked already. Do I need a independent server to do this properly or can I share files with just the two machines on the network currently.

Thanks,

Arnie

What are the error messages and status codes that you are receiving?

Hi ahallai!

no need for server just designate a share....a folder...where your data will reside....
M$ File Sharing has to be on.....the computer sharing has to be on ....then both PCs will access the data where one of them will act as "file server".
If u would like to free up PCs from each others dependence then consider getting a small file server..like Snap....and just share your company data of it...while the PCs will not depend on each others status...
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back