Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree converson to .mdb./sql

Status
Not open for further replies.

minoad

Programmer
Mar 28, 2001
US
I have a client who has no customer database, but he does have an address database in peachtree. I am designing a mass newsletter emailing script for him and was wondering if thier was someway in which i could convert a copy of his current peachtree database to either an Access, or Sql database in which to write the software too.

Thanks,

Micah A. Norman

Well I have 2 solutions-

If he is staying with Peachtree, and his version of peachtree has crystal reports. There is a cool user defined function ar for emailing from crystal reports (I do not get any compensation for this by the way). I just finished a project where I am using this tool to email customer AR statements via crystal and it works great.

If you have other needs to get to these files, set up pervasive's ODBC drivers and setup link tables in MS Access. If you need help doing this just post and I can help.
Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

I have personally never used a peachtree product, but since this is where he is storing his cutomer info im rather ignorant of what can be accomplished. I basically am looking for a way to convert a copy of his peachtree database to access or sql in order to design an asp application for his office. Basically i am just looking for a way to get into his peachtree database and put it into a relational database while leving the current peachtree database intackt.

Thanks,

Micah A. Norman

Peachtree is already a relational database of btreive files, combined with programs written to help you run a business - AR, AP, GL, Inventory, Purchasing, etc. They are not the best file designs I have ever seen, but they are relational.

Using pervasive's ODBC drivers (pervasive is the manufacturer of Btrieve), you can choose whatever tool you want to write ASP applications - Crystal, Access, what have you. I cannot tell you much more because I am not much of a web developer. Software Support for Sage Mas90, Macola, Crystal Reports, Goldmine and MS Office

Peachtree has a DDE inteface that can send data to MS Access. Used it for a long time. Tom Budlong
TomBudlong@Bigfoot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back