Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree Btrieve Error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slidr1032

Instructor
Mar 11, 2004
US
Okay, here's the deal. Some moron decided to do a system restore for no reason what so ever, so now whenever I try to open Peachtree Complete Accounting, I get an error message stating:

Max Files Parameter of 20 is < 100. Please correct and restart.

Anyone know how I can go about fixing this problem?

Thanks is advance.

Youcan reinstall. Otherwise you will have to go into regedit and correct each error.

Slidr1032, you need to reinstall. The error gives what Btrieve key is having issues and what the min is to get it to run. The defualt setting is much higher. I dont have access to a box with Peachtree to tell you the settings. But if someone did a system restore it is possible that you lost some other Peachtree files as well, so reinstall is perfered. If you still have the error after the resinstall trying look on a computer that does not have the error for the correct reg keys

I could be wrong, but can't you go back to the system restore and reverse the restore? And I have seen this several times, it is usually mismatched registry entries.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back