Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Peachtree 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2000
US
I am getting a message saying Windows 2000 is present and user must have Power User or Administrator rights to run this program. I don't have Windows 2000 only NT Terminal Server. I did give the user administrator rights but I still get this message. Any suggestions? Thanks

Er, it may depend on the version detection that Peachtree8 employs - whatever, how did you give the user admin rights? Are they a member of the Domain Admins group? Did you give them explicit file system and/or registry rights?

Copy the PCW80.INI and BTI.INI from the WTSRV directory to each users WINDOWS directory. All users need to be a member of the local POWER USERS group also.

I am sure that a new group could be setup, but have not worked on what is needed for access.

We are using Peachtree v9 and are experiencing the same problem. We copied the BTI.ini and PCW90.ini files to the user’s windows directory and still have the same issue. We have never been able to get Peachtree to open (even under the administrator user). Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan Brooks
bbrooks@sprt.com

Just wondering if theres any more input to this.

I had no luck with version 9 on citrix. I'm getting ready to try publishing version 10 out there.

Actually I just got version 8 to work. Had to move both .ini files mentioned above, and give local admin access. Power user access wan't enough.

I found that if the user has poweruser rights locally, the if you give them admin rights to these files, then peachtree(8.0) will work.

cmd.exe
pcw80.ini
clientdb
mkdemsg.log
mkdewe.trn

Also, sometimes you need to open the Fixed Asset Program first before you can open Peachtree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back