Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PE 2850 w 4e/Di controller - drivers for NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizer

Technical User
Jan 27, 2004
US
Hi
i am trying to install NT4 on this server but it keeps rebooting after reading 2nd setup floppy
Can anyone tell me what i need to do?
thx

Have you called Dell technical support on this issue. Even though they say they will not support NT, I have often still received advice from them pointing me in the right direction to solve this issue. Your first task would be to verify that your raid controller even has a NT driver. I am assuming it does since you created floppies with the driver on them. Also, have you tried different floppy disks? Those disks can sometimes be bad right out of the box. Good luck.

I've loaded NT4 on a 2850, it works. The trick is (and forgive me if you already know this) you can't wait until the installer asks for additional storage drivers. As soon as the installer starts up you need to hit F6 and point at the PERC drivers.

I honestly don't remember which PERC was in that box, and it's not in my shop anymore. I had no problems, d/l'ed the drivers from Dell and all was well.

I was loading NT from CD, which simplifies things a bit...

thx tech and lawn
Dell does not have NT drivers for 4e/di that link is for firmware
i have even asked lsi - they said - no nt drivers available
u must've had a different perc - maybe an older model
F6 is not the problem- what driver to supply is the problem
i even tried loading an older perc2 - no good!

Kaizer..
Thanks for the correction, should have paid attention about firmware file. I called Lsi today, stating they are not creating any NT drivers, thought maybe Dell had created a driver.
Strange LSI did not create a driver, they have been great over the years, supporting older OSs; non support was an Adaptec trait.

Chernobyl disaster..a must see pictorial

I finally had a chance to dig through my docs and I was loading a PERC 3si, sorry to mislead you. I do still have a copy of that driver, which is supposed to support the PERC 2, 2si, 3si, and 3di; I could send it to you if you want to try that PERC2 again...

hello
thx for reply lawn
i decided to do something else - some things can't wait - u know how that goes
thx again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back