Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pdt locks out maintenance port

Status
Not open for further replies.

diveley

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
using pdt to send patch zip file to A: ssc or u patch directory before it completed locks out port you are sending over and cannot talk to switch or pdt

I have dialed into the system sent the files over modem line and do not understand the term shell. How can I open a new shell when the modem port will not respond to pdt or the switch side. cannot communicate over modem line. how do I open a new shell

could be control setting, by the way, you didn't explain the whole issue in your original post. Make sure you are VT100 and x modem. Now, could this tty port be locked up?? are you seeing anything at all? do you even connect to the modem??

it appears the port is locked up you get no response from pdt and cannot go back to the switch side. the only way i have found to release it is to ini the switch on site. and yes i am still on the modem. when if i hang up and dial back in no response form the switch or pdt

you have an issue that needs to be fixed with the modem, may be a baud or parity thing, I would either replace it or reset the AT commands????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back