Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDSL Error, rls 5, CS1000E HA

Status
Not open for further replies.

zardari42

MIS
Mar 28, 2009
PK
Hi, it is CS1000E, HA with 04 MGC`s. I was loading MGC loadware into all MGC`s through Element Manager. After starting mgc loadware (I selected all new loadware and presses load and activate) the signalling server accidently power gots off after 20 or 30 minutes.I restarted signalling server, Now when i check /u/loadware directory through PDT it shows all new patches and when i run LWSTAT command it shows 02 patches loaded and installed but other 05 patches showing loaded but not installed. When i run LWINST it pops an error "PSDL is in process try later". I also ran UPGMG ALL SEQ FORCE but after completing this command it still shows 02 new loadware and 05 old loadware. PSDL process is still running when i ran LWINST again. I also waited for 30 or 40 minutes but no success.I also shutdown complete system with no success and PSDL process is still running when i ran LWINST. When i ran LWLOAD it says patch is already loaded. Can somebody help me out how do i stop PSDL process and installed remaining 05 new loadwares.

I ran into a corrupted PSDL file myself once. Only way around that, according to Nortel, is to get a database backup, split the cores, reload the software on the offline core, restore the database, patch, cutover, then do the same on the other core. Then you get to reinstall your loadware patches.

Hi,any body else has any other solution ot tips regarding this beside reloading all OD/Database.....
Regards

I am not the wisest of goats, but I think your only way is the process that biv343 mentions ... bummer on your SigServer losing power! Yep, one thing I have not liked about hardware/software installs is what happens if you 'accidentally' lose power during an install process.

It isn't a difficult process to do. It took me about 90 minutes to do both sides, including loading the latest deplists. The only service interruption was the cutover from core 0 to core 1. 2-3 minutes of dialtone interruption is better than having to do the same procedure on a single availability system and being down for 45 minutes or so.

Hi guys, i did what you all advised but still getting PSDL in progress try later.
I reloaded OS on both Cores (it is HA), restored database, installed new patches. Then copy all new loadware into /u/loadware directory then LWLOAD file name, i ran LWLOAD for all new 07 loadware and got handled number, then i ran LWINST 0, it asked to upgrade all MGC,i used YES selected Sequentially then it took sometime to load all MGC`s (during this each MGC got rebooted)..after this i ran LWINST 1 and got "PSDL is in progress try later".....I then sysload PBX and ran the LWINST 1 and it asked for all MGC upgrade it selected yes then selected Sequentially, all MGC`s rebooted then i ran LWINST 2 and got "PSDL in progress try later"....
I dont know what i am doing wrong or is it normal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back