Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDox 10 Publish to HTML error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigandfat

Technical User
Feb 7, 2002
CA
When I tried to publish a report to HTML I get the following error: " is considered an illegal character. Only letters numbers, underscores and periods are valid. I have no " in my report. Has anyone come across this error before?

Thanks in advance

bigandfat,

I haven't seen that specific error myself, however, there are certain rules that come to mind. For example, are you trying to publish your report to a long file name, e.g. one containing spaces? If so, you may be able to fix the error by changing the name of the final HTML document.

URL's (Uniform Resource Locators) cannot contain spaces or certain other symbols, e.g. ~ and a few others. (See for complete details.) This is why you'll frequently see certain URL's contain numeric sequences that translate to these symbolic characters.

Also, depending on the version of Paradox you're using, the documentation for HTML Publishing may be inaccurate. See for details, which also document the specific differences between the various versions of Paradox.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back