Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDM almost launches, but won't completely launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekmazter

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2002
US
Hey everyone,

I have PIX501 that I regularly use the PDM on. Starting today for some reason it won't completely launch the PDM on login. Here are the symptoms:

I get prompted to login via a webpage and a new window appears saying that it is launching the PDM, but the PDM never fully comes up. It just sits at that page. I do have 5 other PIX firewalls that I can get to on this machine w/o incident so I do not feel the machine is having a problem. I CAN get to the PIX over SSH and Telnet. I have done a 'reload' as well as a complete power cycle to no avail...

Thoughts?

PIX & PDM

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.3(3)
Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 3.0(1)

You didnt update your java software on your client? Do you have access to downloads? Update to 3.04 to get rid of some bugs. Have you tried from different computers? Different browsers?

All of cisco's java apps have issues with all the versions of JRTE for your pc. Usually try the one it comes with or start with the earliest version you have and uprade one version at a time. And usually for all PIX or any IOS configurations it is always best to do it command line because the PDM can do some weird stuff and you always know exactly what you are telling it to do.

Brian Hughes
Network Administrator
A+,MCP,MCSE2000,MCDBA200,CNA 5.1/6/6.5

Here's a data point to support Brian's assertion:

JRE 1.4.2 works for me with my PIX 6.3(4) PDM 3.0(2)
JRE 1.5.0 does not work for me with my PIX 6.3(4) PDM 3.0(2)

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back