Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDFWriter / w2k / XP Does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

citrixpm

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
US
Has anyone ever experienced problems using Adobe PDFWriter with Word in the MetaFrame XP/W2K environment?

If so, is there a fix?

Thanks,

- EM

Not in Citrix env but in Win2K there are problems...I have seen 16-bit elements in a recent beta version!...run Task Manager while writer is converting a document and see what components are running...I suspect this app is a little ill-behaved...no solid evidence.

I have the same problem using Win2K, Metaframe XP, and Adobe Acrobat suite 5.0. Under Word 2k, the pdfmaker hangs during the process.

I didn't see any fixes on the web :-((

But, I saw a guideline that explain how to create a PDF under citrix environment using PDFMaker 4.x

I really don't know which part is buggy. I don't think it's citrix metaframe, it's probably a mix of PDFMaker and Terminal Server that is badly crashing...

bye

Doesn't works also under Terminal Server Client...

We had the same problem! We switched to using "Fine Print PDF Factory" and have had no other problems ( The nice thing is each license is only $30 or $35, can't remember which but with 50 licenses it saved us some bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back