Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDFs Shifting when printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawnwise

Technical User
Aug 20, 2003
US
I am on Mac 10.2.8, Quark 6.1 and I have installed the PDF patch.

When I place some PDF's into quark they shift significantly when printing. Sometimes parts of the PDF do not print at all (such as the logo on a business card. The same PDFs placed in Indesign print fine. Any thoughts? Am I missing a fix or patch?

I've had the same problem and the only fix I found was to re-save the PDF. Quark 6 is not compatible with Acrobat 6 , so you may have to re-distill it also. If simple re-save doesn't work, try cropping the PDF then re-saving. It's definately a Quark problem but good luck finding out why.

If the image was cropped inside Acrobat 6 and then brought into quark, it will show on screen that it is the right position, but when it is printed it will move. The only way around this is to open up the pdf in Photoshop, crop it save it as a pdf and then reimport it into Quark. Remember though, the type will rasterize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back