Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDFs print out light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
I've got a customer that got a new computer and we switched her from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2013 and imported all emails. Her boss sends her PDFs via email attachments. She tells me that PDFs print out too light compared to how they used to print out.

But.....
An old PDF from an old email will print out light now whereas when she printed them out of Outlook 2003 they are dark on her hard copy.

If she sends me the old PDF, it prints out light as well, so it seems not to be an Acrobat setting or a printer setting.

If her boss sends me the PDF, it prints light from my printer.

Is there some setting in Outlook 2013 that could be changing the PDF? We tried saving the PDF to the desktop vs. opening/printing directly from Outlook 2013. No change.

Where else could the problem be? Very confused.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Wow, this thread isn't dead yet? LOL
I would agree with this 100%, but it's not my fault. People keep adding on. I'm mentally done with this one until customer cooperates.

This suggests that you're not charging her enough.
I haven't charged her a nickel yet as all of this has been done via email and me printing things at my office.
They're trying to pull the old "you put in a new PC for me and now things are working different" ploy. Which means anything that happens on the computer in the next two years is covered by an invisible warranty (no charges).

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back