Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF Writer That Support Citrix Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudT

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2000
US
Does anyone know if Adobe's PDF write or other PDF writer supports Citrix clients?

To the best of my knowledge Adobe does NOT support Citrix. Are you able to print at all or is your problem with font output? In many cases I have found that setting the printer (physically at the printer not in print queue properties)to 300dpi usually fixes such problems. -- Devil Dog --

I can print from Citrix fine. I was just looking for a PDF writer that supports Citrix. I purchased PDF Creator from Jaws Systems on the recommendation of our software vendor only to find it didn't support Citrix or TSE. I just need to find one that works.

Officially, there is NO software that is supported by Citrix. Really. Truly.

When you say "it didn't support Citrix or TSE", have you tested it? What was the outcome? What didn't work?

I have tried both PDF Creator from Jaws Systems and I just installed Adobe Acrobat 4.05. When I try to setup the printer (PDFprinter) it wants a wtsprnt.inf file that I can't find? THe Jaws one had the file but it wasn't compatible.

We are using Adobe 5.0 on a Citrix server for one of our clients. The AcrobatDistiller that installs in the standard install does NOT work with Citrix because a prompt about file names persists in going to the server and not to the user machine. We did find though that the PDFWriter does work properly on the server. It comes with Adobe 5.0 but has to be installed during the Custom installation. In order to comply with licensing the permissions for the PDFWriter are setup for only two users.

Our client does experience problems printing Adobe files from the server. But printing to the PDFWriter (so they can attach their Access report doc's to emails) works just fine.

Karen

I am trying to use the PDF prin ter from the cient machine. I have Acrobat 4.5 loaded and working on hte client machine. I want Citrix to recognize the printer with Citrix client. But when I log into the Citrix desktop for the client and try to create the PDF prin ter it wants a printer driver that I can't find. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure the client printer is listed or aliased in the wtsuprn.inf file on the Citrix server(s).

I have serached but I can't find any documents that tell me how to setup the wtsuprn.inf file and what needs to be loaded on hte Citrix server(s)?

I have the same problem with Adobe Acrobat 5. The PDFWrite doesn't work. But Acrobat 4.05 is working fine with PDF Write and Distiller. Just install the software as usually.
You can also try PDF Fatory from Fine Print Software, that's working fine under citrix.

good luck

I've looked into this problem quite a bit. Some people (on the Internet Forums) seem to have got Acrobat 5 working on their Citrix server, but I've tried and I can't. However, it is easy to get Acrobat 4 to work.

HOWEVER, be warned that Adobe DO NOT like you running Acrobat 5 via Citrix. If you read the licensing agreement, it (in a wierd set of words) tells you that you cannot install it on a device where multiple people have access to it.

On the other hand, if you read the Acrobat 4 license agreement, I cannot see anything like that.

To colclude - use Acrobat 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back