Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF to Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymax2U

Technical User
Oct 1, 2008
US
Hello,

I have converted some pdf files to word files in Acrobat 8.x.
The resulting Word document seems to be made up of series of floating boxes of each individual line or paragraph over the Word page. Is there a way of inserting or embedding them so that they would be like a regular Word document, as considerable editing is required of this document.

Thanks

PDF to Word

You can open PDF files directly in later versions of Word and WordPerfect. That would solve the problem completely.

Fred Wagner

OK!
I am working with Word 2007, is there one later than this?
What 'Text Encoding' should I use. I have tried many and so far all are unreadable for the most part.
Thanks!

I've got Word 2003 at the office - no PDF import filter. I'll have to take a look in Word 2007 at home. I know that the current versions of WordPerfect - X3 and X4, DO have an edit PDF feature built in.
I sympathize with you in the boxes for each sentence or paragraph - in Publisher 2007 on my home system, when I block text from emails or other documents to paste into a PUB document, each line gets its own box with adjustment bars. it wasn't that way in earlier versions.
If you have an earlier version of Word, you might try it, the results might be easier to deal with than what we encounter in the Office 2007 products. Depending on the scope of your project, it might be worth your while to get a recent copy of Corel Wordperfect.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back