Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.pdf printing error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shtick

Technical User
Dec 2, 2002
US
I have a user that gets a 'A write fault occurred on the network' error when printing a .pdf file. We changed the printer driver, updated acrobat and client 32, and set the driver to print directly to the printer. Nothing worked.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. Using winxppro/novell client 32, all updates installed.

Thanks,

Shtick

Open Network Connections, Advanced, Advanced settings, Provider Order, Print Provider, and make certain the LanMan print provider is the first ranked print provider.

I am unable to locate the area you suggested I check for the print provider.

Right click your notification tray icon for your network connection, Open Network Connections

Highlight the Local Area Network Connection. At the top of the box you will see a menu, once choice of which is Advanced. Click Advanced, then Advanced settings...., and click the Providor order tab in the box that appears. The print providors are listed as the second set of entries in the panel.

Thanks bc.
I found the providers like you described. I show Novell Distributed Print Services, then Netware print services, and then http print services.
I'll check the order on the user's pc and try switching them around.
Thanks for the tip and the directions.

Shtick

You do not see LanMan print services?
Is File and Printer sharing enabled in the properties of this network connection?

No it isn't enabled. We turn off all microsoft things like that. We're a novell house. Everyone else in this department can print everything ok. Plus we can print the same document from here ok. We also had her try another pdf file of about the same size and it gave the same error.
We can't figure out what's going on. Haven't found anything on adobe's site either?

Thanks,

Shtick

Questions:

. if you print a non-.pdf document, does it succeed?
. if you print to another printer the .pdf document, does it succeed?
. are you printing to Distiller?

All non .pdf jobs print ok.
It gives this error printing to an hp lj400n and an hp lj8550dn.
As far as we can see it is sending to one printer or another. I never saw anything about distiller.

Thanks,

Shtick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back