Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF links not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedger

MIS
Sep 21, 2001
GB
Am I missing something.

In DW3 I'm inserting a link to a pdf file. Everything works fine on the local site. But when posted to the ISP something goes wrong.

When clicked the file seems to start loading but never quite makes it. Any suggestions please

would it be possible to get the url so that I could look at the code.

It might be something like an error in the link itself, or a problem with the pdf plugin.

Manic
-----------------------------
I've broken it again !!
lee.gale@virgin.net

It could be me...but I don't see any links to a pdf file on that page. Where is it supposed to be?

I think it is just the size of the file it is 3.3 meg.

I will download it at work and see what I can do with it if you don't mind. I could probably get it down to less than a meg and still keep print quality.

One other thing I notice that you have spaces in your folder and file names, try to avoid this as it can (on rare occations) cause problems to show a space it is best to use _ (shift + -[minus])

if you waant I will go through your site and check for any thing else. I have worked on local government stuff before.

Manic
I've broken it again !!
lee.gale@virgin.net

thanx for the advice. Take your point about the file names. a bad habit I need to get out of.

Any furtheradvice would be much appreciated. Look forward to hearing from you.

sedger

"my god I'm dialling beyond my means"
from oscar wilde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back