Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF Image to PDF Text file 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nene75

Programmer
Feb 27, 2003
US
Hi Everyone:

I have some scanned files saved as PDF format. I would like these files to be converted to the Ms Word RTF format. I will be using Adobe Capture 3.0 software to make the file modifiable . I tried to save the flie type as *.TIF format but once the file is saved in TIF format it saves individual pages as a separate file. Does anyone have any idea why its doing that or what am I doing wrong? I would like all the pages as one file and then use Capture software to convert the file to .RTF format.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in Advance!

There *is* a multi-page TIF format, but it is very rarely supported. So what you're experiencing isn't unusual.

Why not recombine the files/pages after you're done doing your thing to them?

Thomas D. Greer
Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

We scan alot of paper documents which are then converted to a combined pdf (the pages are in a picture format within the PDF).
We then open them in Omipage pro which then converts the pdf into word (RTF and many other formats).
Unless I missed something, and please correct me if I'm wrong, Capture doesn't convert to an editable format??
Hope this helps...

Marcus

Thanks Thomas and Marcus!

I apologize for replying back so late. I got heavily involved in other projects.

For now I am saving each PDF Image file as TIFF by using 'Save As' command. Then using 'Adobe Capture' software I convert those individual pages as one file to PDF Text file. Then use 'PDFConverter for Microsoft Word' to convert those PDF Text to RTF format.

From all that what I learned was that when scanning the document if its being saved as TIFF intially then I wouldn't have to go back to each file and covert to TIF format. Which also helps to save as each file as all the scanned pages in one file rather than individual pages as one file.

Wow, you are just doing way to much...
Omipage pro is a one step procedure. not the three steps you are using (along with the three programs)
In Omipage you open the PDF, it "recognises" each page, it saves as an RTF, Word, HTML, XML, eBook, Excel, Framemaker, Powerpoint, Publisher Pagemaker, PDF.
If you save it as word it will retain it's formating.

Marcus

Thanks Marcus!

I just read about the Ominipage Pro product details. Its a great tool to turn PDF files into editable documents while retaining their layout. I will definitely put the request to the employer to purchase this software which really saves time and money when there are tons of documents need conversion. Thanks for leading me to the right directions/software for this huge conversion task.

Thanks bunch!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back