Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF file available, FAQ's, Solutions to problems, etc 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayaman

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
CA
I recently retired. During my time implementing Avaya's I kept notes of things, plus i was in charge of maintaining the Avaya section on our corporate intranet. I have created a pdf file with a fair bit of info on how to set up oddball things like 2 night keys on the console, FAQ's, Attendant Vectoring implementation, setting up hotlines, pretranslation and so on. I have created a pdf file with a lot of this info in there. I can't guarantee it is 100% accurate, & there are a few minefields in there. especially around incoming call treatment to the console. It should ferment some ideas at the very least.

You can download it at
Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

I apologize for the small print in parts of that pdf file, you will have to set the size to 125 or 150 % to read some of it. It should print OK. I converted it from html where it had been optimized for 17-19 inch high quality screens. Never occured to be in increase the font size before converting it to pdf.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

If you find this useful, please reply to it, to keep the thread close the top so others see it, or it will soon dissappear several pages down.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

I wish this forum had the ability to allow you to go back & edit your own posts. I don't think well enough & forget things, plus I'm a dyslexic typist. Anyway, what I want to say, is that if you find this useful, please reply to it, so the thread stays close to the top & does not disappear several pages down, so others can see it.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

Thanks Avayaman, the docs are great.

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

Paul,

Wow. This is a great document. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Joel

Joel

Thanks Paul - you da man. Wondering if you would know anything about a system 75 definity. I am installing phones 7401 and 7406 they are at&t/lucent phones. (thread690-833307). Any help on this would be appreciated. I'm wondering if I need to redo the desk wiring. At the moment I have skipped the first pair then punched 2 pairs on the bix panel and left an empty pair and punched the next 2. This is from the pbx then it goes to the other bix panel from starting from 1-4 as opposed to skipping the first pair. I then have to go to the riser room and down a floor. I am wondering if this wiring is correct. It is driving me insane. Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
jean-marc

I will take a look paul - any help you can provide is appreciated. Thanks a lot

-JM

Hey Paul,

Thanks a ton for such a wonderful 'Avaya' knowledge bank.
May ur tribe grow as the experienced lot like u is the saviour for us newbees.

Thanks,
Ravi R.

Excellent resources! I got dumped into Definity/Intuity management when the last administrator left and the responsibility was given to IS. Probably a good thing, since I now get to move us to IP phones and I have a good background in Networking. No formal training in Definty/Intuity systems, but thanks to a local Avaya Platinum Partner and people like you I have managed to keep the system afloat.

Thanks again,
Earle

Nice Paul. Thanks for posting. Hope you enjoy your retirement.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Thanks Paul for the wisdom.

It will save time trawling through the manuals.

Happy Retirement

Dave

Glad its useful, I only started the FAQ section about 3 months before I retired. Too bad I should have started it earlier. I'm hoping I managed to edit out all proprietary info out of it. If you see any, pretend it's not there & let me know.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

Thanks Paul,
It looks like you packed in a number of helpful tips. I hope you'll continue to spend some time with us here, continuing to share your expertise, while enjoying your retirement.

Hey guys - I am setting up a system 75/definity for the first time and was wondering if you guys had any sorts of checklists or pdf that could help me out or any urls for that matter of fact. I am setting up the intuity audix voicemail as well.

I'm stuck in a rut right now. I can't get make an outside call via a phone. I know I need to mod the ars and route pattern - does anyone have any information on this?

So far I have mod the trunk group, signaling group and set up the station and trunk group. After the ars and route pattern is there anything else that NEEDS to be setup before I can see things start to work. I know there are the basic things like vdn, splits, etc, etc but I am looking on a higher level like maybe the dialplan and stuff. thanks all for the help.

-JM

JMC2002: What release is the the switch? I guess system 75 means its real old? What sort of environment is it in. Is the trunking analogue or digital. Let me know. I can send you an implementation for a switch I've down similar in the past. Hopefully it will get you going.

Paul Beddows

Vancouver, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back