Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF distilled from Word - Bullets do not show 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruffian

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
When I create a PDF from a Word document (either from print menu via Acrobat PDF or convert to PDF from toolbar) any bullets created from the numbering list do not show on the PDF. I have tried changing distiller settings to Press Ready, but to no avail. The only work around has been to reset the automatic bullets with ascii characters - not only is this cumbersome, but necessiates adjusting the leading to center each bullet. The symbol font is loaded. Any suggestions?

For word document I will create .prn file or ps file and I change my setting to Download as Soft font instead of Substitue with Device font- this sometimes helps out with Bullets - then I will distill my prn file.

info@prepress-online.com

"Tell'em we're comin', and hell's comin' with us.

Thank you for tip. I'll try that. Certainly will save time modifying client's supplied documents.

BodesMan:
I know how to write a prn but not a ps file. Also where do you change the settings to Download as Soft font. How can you distill a prn. Acrobat sends an error when I try distilling a prn.

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back