Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pdf color matching

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue808

Technical User
Feb 11, 2011
US
Can't seem to match colors between output published original documents vs output published from pdfs. Colors published from PDFs are sad. Have tried HP lasers and Toshiba lasers ... have adjusted device color settings but no success. Would rather leave devices @ factory settings. HPs produce better colors but not that close. Devices have limitations on adjustments but pdf is definitely contributing to the problem. Has anyone been able to match colors successfully?

What options are your choosing under Edit, Preferences, Color Management ? In my copy of Acrobat 6 Pro, I can turn Color Management to ON, and choose to emulate any of a large number of source programs. Have you tried these options ?

Fred Wagner

printing from Reader 9.0. pdfs are generated from GIS application - Intergraph G Technology or Microstation V8i or PowerPoint. All have poor color ... printing directly from any of these applications using their print/plot tools produces great color. I haven't tried printing from Adobe Acrobat. Seems to me Reader should be able to do this.

What application are you using to Capture the print stream from the GIS application - it sounds like the problem may actually be in that phase of the process. Does your GIS have an 'export to PDF' option ? are you using a distiller function of Acrobat Pro, or a 'free' solution from somewhere else ?

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back