Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF attachments corrupt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eccstechmia

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2013
US
Hello fellow Tek-Tipers,

I have a client that just purchased a new Dell Optiplex and has been using with no issues until about a week or so ago. Now when he attempts to send any PDF document via Quickbooks, or straight from Outlook and no matter who he sends the email to is unable to open the PDF document. Adobe gives an error saying that the PDF document is corrupt and cannot be repaired. I have tried uninstalling Adobe, Outlook, and Quickbooks and still get the same result. I also cleared out the temp files in Outlook because I had read that from a MS forum, but that didn't work either.

If anyone out there has experienced this issue and has a solution, please shine the light on me.

Thank you in advance,

ECCSTECHMIA

Can you install an earlier version on the originating machine? I've seen the issue with viewing across different versions.

Ed Fair
Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions.

Edfair,

Thank you for the quick response. I first uninstalled a Adobe Reader XI and installed Adobe Acrobat 9.5 and same result. I uninstalled Adobe 9.5 any installed Adobe Acrobat XI, also same result.

Thanks again,

Eccstechmia

Are you extracting the attachments and then looking at them through acrobat or just double clicking on them in outlook?

Maybe there is a virus. Try renaming the pdf to say fdp before sending it. On receipt, extract it and rename it back to pdf. What happens then?

xwb and edfair,

Good morning, thank you to the both of you for responding and giving me suggestions for me to try.

The issue was a corrupt PST file for the specific user that was having the problem, I removed his Outlook profile and created a new profile. I tested sending attachments to myself and I was then able to open and read the document.

Thanks again,

eccstechmia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back