Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pdf Attachment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamuk

Technical User
May 12, 2006
US
I am unable to open certain .pdf attachments sent to me. I notice one thing.

On the attachments that I can open, when I hover my mouse over the attachment it changes from a pointer to a hand icon. I presume that it is because it recognizes the link.

On the attachments that I can NOT open, when I hover my mouse over the attachment I get no changes in the mouse icon.

What am I missing?

Could be that some of the attachments are in a version incompatible with your reader. Have you downloaded the latest Acro Reader yet? I think it's 8, but doubt if it would read versions older that 5 or maybe even 6....

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root
canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

Yes, I have the latest and greatest Acrobat. I just reformated this Dell Windows XP Home w/SP2 this weekend and have done ALL the hardware and software updates.

Anyone else wanna give it a shot?

...have you tried file > save attachments to a easy to find location, do they all save to that location from your email reader?

Andrew

I am unable to even save the attachment, Andrew. It's like the link is just a sentence; like there is no link. However, from another computer I can open these attachments just fine.

Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back