Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDF appear Ok, then fuzzy...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole0000

Technical User
Oct 18, 2007
US
Hi, using win xp, Acrobat 8 professional.

Making PDF from Indesign CS3..

PDF making is just fine, when opens up in Acrobat, it looks "bright and shiny and full of color" only to flicker to a hazziness over it.

Don't know what happened. I can still the pdf file but have the haziness.

Thanks for any solution.

Nikky

...probably worth checking the color management settings in preferences, typically these need to be the same as you use for your other creative suite applications...

Andrew

...also flick between overprint preview on and off...

...also you may have the output preview panel active with 'simulate black ink' turned on?

Andrew

I went to advanced > print production > output preview, and the box for stimulate black ink or paper color is NOT checked. While the output preview box is opened, the PDF behind it appears nice and sharp full of colors, but when box is closed he goes back to having a slightly hazier look.

In Indesign, the color by default is set to no color conversion, however in Acrobat it set up for USwebCoated (SWOP)v2, I can change it in Indesign by going to convert to destination which puts USwebCoated (SWOP)v2), but still no change.

It almost like I need to set something in Acrobat to "no color conversion"

Thanks for you input.

Nikky

Can you tell me why this happens even when the output preview does NOT have the box checked off?

NIkky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back