Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDCE Died - Domain Master Browser Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angin31

MIS
Mar 21, 2007
US
Hello

Our main Active Directory Server had a hard drive die that was part of a mirror pair. In the course of repairing, the Active Directory in stall was corrupted and unrecoverable. The server had all the FSMO rolls. We had to call Microsoft for help and ended up seizing the FSMO rolls and rebuilding Active Directory on the server. Since then, we can't see any of our other subnets in My Network Places, only the corporate one. I have been researching and seem to have it narrowed down to the Domain Master Browser is missing. It is supposed to be the PDC Emulator, but when I use browstat to view the Domain Master Browser, it comes back blank. I can use browstat and look for the PDC, and that comes back correctly, same with Master Browser and Backup Browsers. I do see Domain Master Browser in our WINS server and that has the correct address. So I am at a loss on how to get the PDCE to be the Domain Master Browser. The network is a mixed mode of 2000 and 2003 Standard servers. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello

We rebooted the old server and then the one that siezed the FSMO rolls. We are able to view everything now.

Good answer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back