Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDC to BDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

pio

MIS
Aug 24, 2000
US
My company has recently bought out another company and has acquired their PDC. My boss wants me to add this PDC to the domain to allow the files to be shared, but I told him that wasn't possible because we already have a PDC. He just wants to be able to see this on the network. There are alot of client info and files that are very crucial to this newly acquired company that CANNOT be lost...
My question to you folks is: "How can I get this PDC on to our network?"

Please help...

Thanks

You can create a trust relationship between the two domains. This is done in User Manager under Policies. Set up each domain as a trusting and trusted domain of the other. Marc Creviere

Backup the data and then restore it to your own servers. Nuke the new server and reload if applicable and add it to your network. You could then even put the data back on its original server.

Be carefull, Zelandkah. You will be transporting folders from an untrusted domain

First create a trust. I agree with FilthPig

Thanks you guys...I will actually have this server sometime today and I will try the "Trust Relationships" first. I will let you all know how this goes...

Thanks again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back