Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDA 's and Pocket Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMcFestoe

Technical User
Apr 6, 2003
GB
I have a db on my main pc but it would be good if i could have it with me all the time for looking up customer information, and making alterations on site, when returning to base could it update the main db ?

I need to know if pocket access will run my db, and if the main db can be updated from a PDA.

Also a make and model for a good PDA, HP do one with a keyboard all ready attached has anybody used these, and are they any good.

Thanks

mr mc

i was very nervious like u finding a good pocket access.
and i recommend you to use the DBanywhere, which
23.95 dollars and free for trail for 15 day.
this software is pretty good, and the best funtion, is
you can built user forms.

im currently working on the forms on it, so if u have questions, just ask me. im very familiar how to use it now.

Winnechan

Thanks for the reply,

Can you not use microsoft's pocket access so it connects to a main db on a pc. DBanywhere is that compatible with MS Access. I need the two to link so information is kepted up to date.

Thanks

yes it is.
just transfer it to ur pocket PC. that is all u need to do.
u have to understand that, Pocket Pc Access and destop Access use different formate, so it needs convertion.
try to download the software and install it.
remember to download the "Microsoft ActiveSync"
u need to this to convert the format so that the pocket Pc
and read ur destop PC access.

so download "Microsoft ActiveSync" from microsoft.com
and "DBanywhere" from
follow the steps, i know u can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back