Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PDA Internet POP account problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJSmith69

Technical User
Aug 25, 2003
US
I can't seem to get my internet POP account (NetZero) to work with my PDA (HP IPAQ 2215). I am accessing the internet via a wireless LAN card and a wireless router. I can access the internet just fine, but if I try to send an email via my POP account I get an error. I know I have the outgoing and incomming server info correct. The PDA keeps telling me the email address I'm sending to is incorrect. I've tried numerous address and they all kill, but I know there valid. Any help would be great.

What DO you have for the incoming and outgoing server? I thought NetZero only offered web-based e-mail service (but it's been awhile since I checked).

I have a wireless router hooked up to a cable modem. So I don't really have a server persay. This is how I connect my PDA to the internet. But each time I try and send an email I keep getting this error, "Invalid message recipients" and it keeps telling me it's from the system admin.

I have the incomming mail set to pop.netzero.com
I have the outgoing mail set to smtp.netzero.com

I receive email just fine, but I keep getting the error each time I try to send an email.

Okay, servers look good. I assume you've verified that you can successfully send e-mail from Outlook Express or some other sort of e-mail client on your desktop machine...

I'll look around and see if I can finda nything else.

That's it!!! I don't have Outlook Express setup on my desk top. Thanks for the info. I know how to correct the issue now.

Do you know if they have an Outlook Express application for PDAs??

PocketPC software (like IPAQs and stuff) comes with Pocket Outlook, which is very close to regular Outlook.

Did you expressly un-install Outlook Express? It comes installed by default, is part of Internet Explorer, and isn't easy to uninstall in the first place.

I didn't unistall it. After I configed my outlook express on my desk top I realized I already had the appication on my PDA. I still have a problem however. I still can't email via my POP account or PDA. I keep getting this error

"The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was. Subject 'test', Account: 'Netzero',
Server: 'smtp.netzero.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

every time I try to send an email...

Thanks for all your help. And I figured the problem out. My cable modem provider doesn't allow any out going emails via a SMTP server but their own.

So I went ahead and setup my incomming POP info for netzero and my outgoing using my Cable company's SMTP server and it works just great!!

Again thanks for all your help!!!

I have a problem once again. I had to reconfig my PDA and once again it can't send email via my POP account. But my problem is different now. I keep getting the following error "The Message could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again." I know I have my outgoing mail configured correctly!! And all my other PCs can send mail just fine via outlook; so I'm not sure why my PDA is not working. Any help would be great...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back