Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCMCIA reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

DECNET

Technical User
Apr 28, 2001
GB
A client of mine uses medical equipment which dumps data to a PCMCIA card. Now she used to download the data to a laptop by inserting the cards into the PCMCIA slot. However, she now has a desktop PC and needs to read the data. Has anybody heard of or seen a PCMCIA card reader for a PC. Preferably with USB connection. Something like a Compact Flash reader would be excellent, but as yet I have not found anything at all.

Any ideas or help please. (Networking the laptop to the PC is not an option I'm afraid). DEC

If it helps, let me know, if it doesn't, let me know. It's the only way I'll learn.

Obviously I haven't looked hard enough! Maybe due to the fact I limited my search to the UK.
Thanks for that info. it all looks vary promising. DEC

If it helps, let me know, if it doesn't, let me know. It's the only way I'll learn.

You're welcome, glad to help. Greetings from Wyoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back