Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCMCIA Card Pro Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BkMesser

Technical User
May 15, 2006
US
Hi All,

I have a SanDisk 64m cf card. I am trying to copy rls 4.5 software to it using Card Pro 9 on Windows 7.

I am trying to use one of those 6 in 1 card readers.

Card Pro tells me it works, but the files for 4.5 are not on the card.

I don't have access to a windows98 machine to try to re-format the card.

Any Ideas???

Brian M

Your PCMCIA card adapter might be faulty. One easy way these days is to format the CF card from a non windows computer such as Linux etc. Then copy across the *.exe file and uncompress the file. I used an old Canon camera in the past to format them.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

The card reader seems to work ok. I have copied a file to a card and deleted it.

I have been looking for something that will read a cf card, but no luck so far.

Brian

You want to format the card stick it in the Call Processor and in PDT

formatCf2
Usage: formatCf2 0 - format RMD with DOS FAT16 format.
formatCf2 1 - format RMD with DOS FAT16 format and make RMD bootable.

In the Card Pro software under options you can set the maximum size of the CF (Default is quite small) you may need to increase it

has this issue been resolved? I also have some antique systems out there that are yes still unfortunate enough to have been upgraded, but until that happens it is what it is I suppose. So for whatever reason, card pro 9.0 doesn't seem to like win 7 or win 10 for that matter. I verified that card pro can write successfully to the CF card using XP, just not on the newer systems. surely there has to be a config setting within win 7/win 10 that will allow cardpro to write to the CF cards correctly??? please advise if there is a procedure for setting up win 7 or win 10 to work. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back