Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCL in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPBURBE

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
CA
Does anyone know how to use PCL in a visual basic program? here is the PCL i want to use but i don't know how to incorporate it into VB.....

<Esc>%-12345X@PJL INFO PAGECOUNT
<Esc>%-12345X

thanks

Patrick

I'm having a similar problem. If you find out what the esc code is the rest is easy. If you get to know this please get back to me.

Many thanks

Hello,

You have to define a constant or variable with the decimal value equivelant to an &quot;escape character&quot; which is 027. Every character equates to a decimal number. The percent sign is equal to decimal 037. You need some kind of an ASCII conversion chart to determine the decimal value of every character you want to send to the printer.

Then, in your program, just write those character sequences to the printer.

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for your response. Sounds simple when you know how. which of couse it is!

Do you now know where I can get an ascii conversion chart from? These used to always be in the back of printer manuals and DOS manuals, but unfortunately in HP's and MS's absolute wisdom, they are no longer included.

Kind regards
Jorgen2

hey Jorgen2

if you get this figured out can you email me the code you used....i am trying so far without luck....

thanks pat

Do a search on the internet for &quot;ASCII&quot; and you'll find all kinds of sites that will display it.

Good luck.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back