Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCI VIdeo Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this. : GT 430

or if you prefer Amd: 5450

Both support direct x 11, They both support x64 windows 7, or at least their drivers do. Which is the only reason I can think that the older 9250 cards wouldn't support it, is no x64 bit drivers. I have a PCIe version of the 5450 in a HTPC running windows 7 x 64, and it runs great.

I saw the AMD before. It doesn't have 64 bit drivers for Windows 7 and it's a 32bit card.

the other is an X1-PCIE I don't have the slot for it.

Try:

You can get the 64Bit Catalyst Drivers here:

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Thanks again. I Saw this card too and called HIS. it doesn't have windows 7 64 bit drivers. the amd site asks for type of card I'm looking for. it's what I'm trying to find.

And here is the link to the Zotac board, with the specs saying it's a PCI card, not PCIe: It also has windows 7 x64 hell it has windows 8 drivers already to download. And like I stated before, I'm using a 5450 in a windows 7 64 bit system, I didn't write the freaking drivers, nor did I use a phantom driver. I just built the system last week.

As mentioned it does have 64 bit drivers available. At least the AMD site offers such drivers for that type of card.

It's strange that HIS would say there aren't any.

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back