Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCI Modem Problem - Conexant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello everybody.

I hope anybody can help me with my modem-problem.
I have a Trust-modem 56K PCI and Operating System Windows 98se.
I have downloaded the most recent drivers.

After boot the computer finds a serial pci device. Directing it to the drivers gives a good install: no questionmarks.
Device Manager shows "HCF Modem - Conexant PCI Modem Enumerator"
AND
"RSS1003 HCF PCI Modem"
After reboor however it shows only PCI Modem Enumerator with a questionmark and says that there is a conflict of resources. BUT when I look at the resourcetab in devicemanager, it says "no conflict" in the conflictlist. After removing the device and reboot: good installation, but next reboot => resourceconflict. And so on...
The IRQ doesn't seem to be used.

Something else is: after good install I looked in "modems" in the configuration settings. The modem was installed at com1. When I ask for "diagnostics" it says: "cannot open port".

I hope anybody van help me with this.
Thank you!!!!

Greetings,

Bramati.

have you disabled the com port 1 in the system BIOS screen?

That modem will not coexist with the COM port. It wants to BE the COM port. So you must go into CMOS and disable COM1 since you said that is where the modem is installed. This must be done BEFORE you install the modem, so you may have to remove it before you reboot into CMOS. After you have disabled the COM port there, you can go back into Windows and reinstall the modem.

See if that helps.

Butch

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back