Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pci configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhayre

Technical User
Mar 29, 2004
GB
some of my hot plug pci slots do not seem to work no matter what i put into them, does anyone know how to make them active.
thanks

without more info, not really, what type of server? rs/6000, netfinity? what OS?

it is a netfinity 5500 m10 running xp pro

Well I don't believe that xp pro supports the hot plug feature,this is not a server nos. might have better luck with 2000 server. some servers need to have the slots enabled in bios, also are you using the tabs and locking mechanism in place right? adpter in, tab down, rotate lock till it clicks. And check the pci power light comes on, if it doesn't most likely it's a combination of bios,tabs, and os. Or if you were running xp, and tried hotplugging an adapter that is not certified for hot plug, and since the os has no way to power down the slot, you could have fried the I/O board trying to hot plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back