Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCAnywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmann

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2003
CA
I currently have installed PCAnywhere on our server and a couple of workstations. I have it setup on the default ports that PCAnywhere allocates. I have a main workstation that PCAnywhere logs into. When i want to go to another workstation i log onto pcanywhere from that computer and go to a separate workstation. I know there is a way to be able to redirect but i believe I have to allocate other ports for this and do not know how to set it up. We are using windows nt server sp6a. Could anyone give me a detailed description on how to set up multiple workstations through one IP. I would need specifics on how to open ports on the server to allow them access into PC Anywhere. Thank you all for your help. You have been tremendous in the past.

If mean that you want to be able to see multiple host behind a router, say from the internet, using a single public IP address, then yes you would need to setup at the remote, router, and host the ports that you want to use for both TCP (data) and UDP (status) traffic.

If on the other hand you are asking how do you see various hosts from a worstation of the same side of the router as the hosts, you will need only to use the default Network, Cable, DSL remote that has not been modified and/or QuickConnect (PcA version 11) to get a list of all available hosts on the LAN in your subnet.

If you are refering to the first the best place would be to contact your router's manufacture and asked them to walk you through port forwarding the two ports that you want to use for each host, to that host's private or LAN IP address assigned by your router or internal DHCP service.

Good luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back