Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere Automation of dial-up connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthureen

Programmer
May 28, 2003
US
Hi,

I have created a VB script to dial in to hosts automatically. The script connects, retrieves a few files, and disconnects. The problem I am having is that while the script can successfully connect to hosts that have TCP/IP connections, it will not connect to hosts with dial-up connections. Upon trying, pcAnywhere raises an error message stating, "Selected modem for this connection is no longer installed. Please update this item's properties."

Strangley, though, I can connect to all the hosts (TCP/IP and dial-up) by clicking on them in the pcAnywhere manager, so I've concluded that the problem does not lie in the setup of the .chf files for the dial-up sites. Any suggestions?

I hade this problem once just open the chf file in pcanywhere then change some settings then apply then ok
then open it again and set the settings as you need and it will work,
what happened by me I changed a modem so pcanywhere didn't get the new modem, so by opening the file in pcanywhere all the settings reapply,
hope it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back