Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere and OLE problems 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CathyG

Programmer
Jul 2, 2002
NZ
What I am trying to achieve is:

I have to create a Remote object which connects to a host in Antarticia, delete and rename files on that host then transfer files back to another host in New Zealand.

(at present I am using a direct connection, around my own network to try and achieve this before trying to connect by cable modem)
I am using pcAnywhere 10.5 and in this version the scripting has been removed. I have created a VB application (to work with pcAnywhere's automation server) which connects to my Host (fine so far), I can transfer the files no problem as I can use the AWREM32 FileTransferFromHost(HostFile,RemoteFile) function to do this. My problem is deleting and renaming files on the Host. What object do I use to do this?

Do I use the RemoteDataManager DeleteObject(Name,Password)object or do I have to get hold of the HostDataManager DeleteObject(Name,Password) object to do this? If so HOW?
There doesn't appear to be anything in the AWREM32 functions that can assist in this.

I have tried several different methods but without success.

Can anyone help? Please. Thanks in anticipation

Cheers
C

During file transfer in pcanywhere 10.5, the system locks up, and I cannot reconnect the the system remotely. The host box shows failure or timeout on file transfer.

Any suggestions

My application uses VB and pcAnywhere's OLE to:
Transfer a Dos type batch file to the Host.
Execute the batch file on the host.
Disconnect

Allow 45 minutes for the batch file to finish then connect to the Host and tranfer the files created by the batch file from the Host to the Remote PC.

The process works except it leaves the Dos window open on the Host. The last command in the batch file is "exit" however it doesn't work.

How can I get the Dos window to close?

Hi Leachim,

You can create a shortcut to the batch and set it to Close on Exit in the properties. Then transfer the shortcut with the batch and run the batch through the shortcut. The shortcut extension is .pif

Hope this helps.

Hi I'd like to know how to run file transfers and exec files on the host from a script or batch file that is specified in: to run on connection.
Please give me an example do I have to use ole ect.

Thanks

Rambleon

I try to execute host network file, but nothing happended at all.
For example:
executehostfile("F:\test.exe")
Where F:\ is the host network drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back