Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCAnywhere and ISA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dietergw

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
ZA
Hi,

I have a server (windows 2000) running ISA providing internet access and would like some of the internal machines to access PCAnywhere remote clients. I have created packet filters for 5632 and 5631 as specified in technet and am using PCanywhere 9.2 as ver 10 upwards is not supported by ISA(according to symantec).

I still cannot connect to remote machines, so I am stuck, is it possible to get this to work? Other sites mention creating protocol rules but that refers to publishing a host behind ISA which is not what I want. Any ideas or am I wasting my and your time? Thanks in advance for any help.

Here are your options, dietergw

Hi,

I managed to resolve the issue myself by creating 4 protocol definitions and a protocol rule allowing the definitions. Also loaded latest service pack for ISA whether or not this made the difference i am not sure. Thanks anyway.

Can give me more detail on what you did to resolve it. I think I'm having the same issue and I'm new to ISA. What 4 definitions and rules did you set up? I set up the packet filtering also.

Thanks,
Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back