Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCAnywhere 11 Command Queue doesn't wait for Run Command to finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambleon

Programmer
Mar 6, 2004
IL
I have a Command Queue (pca 11) which should do the following:

Copy remote file to host
Run command on the host (abc.bat)
Copy host file to remote

the first copy is ok, it then starts the Run command (abc.bat), but instead of waiting for the batch file to
finish it continues with the next command in the queue, and
the session just hangs. How do I ensure that the batch file execution finishes before continuing with the next command in the queue.
The pcanywhere 11 remote is calling pcanywhere 10.5 host
Thanks for any help.

Rambleon

Hi my solution at present is to transfer a dummy file from remote to host while the batch file executes ( a sort of pca DoEvents ) This seems to take care of the problem. Does anyone else have a better solution ? Or is the problem only mine, seems strange that I can't find any mention of such a serious flaw.
If anyone has problems on the host like flashing screens and the 'Taskbar and Start Menu Properties' box appears and it's not possible to close it, the solution for this strange as it may sound is to delete all files and folders that have '.tmp' extension on the host and to restart the host.
Has anyone examined the .CQF file (the command queue file)
it looks like you could generate script files (.cqf files)on the fly which would make the command queues much more flexible.
Intrested to hear any comments.

Rambleon

I found a wait capability that I have used.

Command = >@ping 127.0.0.1 -n %1% -w 1000> nul

You are pinging the local host. The parameter is the number of seconds. I use it to put an icon on host desktops for users to double click on to stop and start pcAnywhere rather than have to walk them through looking for the icon, find the Start button, ... They can double click this new icon. But it takes a while for pcA to shut down so I put a 10 second wait between the stophost and the command to start the .bhf file. Make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back