Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere 11.0 Host visibility problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbics

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2003
CA
I've installed pcAnywhere 11.0 on a small (5 PC) LAN (192.168.0.*) all running XP. Each machine is set to run as a host at startup. All report 'waiting for connection ...' on their respective IPs. When an attempt to initiate a host session to 192.168.0.255 is made, only some of the hosts respond. What's odd is that A can see B but B won't A. All systems have XP's firewall disabled have only generic network components installed (in a effort to reduce sources for problems).

I seem to recall having had this happen with previous versions of pcAnywhere, but I'll be !@#$ if I can remember the solution. I suspect some networking setting is a) preventing remotes from scanning properly for hosts, or b) some network setting is preventing hosts from responding to remotes. I thought specifying an obscured PC's IP address specifically might help, but to no avail - if B can't see A with a wildcard, it won't see it specifically either. All help/suggestions (even solutions) appreciated.

1. In pcAny you can turn off showing hosts in browse mode?
2. Some situation with netbios over IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back