Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Wont Boot - No Fan, No POST 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff1994

MIS
May 18, 2004
US
Here's a problem that has me stumped. I've asked everyone I know, with no help. Whenever I shut down my computer, it shuts down and powers off fine. When I go to start it again, it does nothing. No fan turning, no POST beep, nothing. It's like it's not even plugged in. (IT IS!) Sometimes if I unplug for a while and then try again, it works, sometimes not. It's not a temperature issue, I've been monitoring that when the computer is running. I am getting power to the MB - even when it won't boot, I do get the green power LED on the MB. I thought maybe a bad power switch or bad connection to the MB. Any way to test a switch besides putting it in another computer? Here's what I'm running:

Antec Sonata case w/380 watt P/S
Asus A7V333 M/B
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ CPU
512 MB RAM (Kingston)
80GB Western Digital Caviar HD
ATI Radeon 7000 AGP
Plextor 708A DVD/CD
On-board (M/B) audio

I tried to clear it with the jumper, but I will remove the battery next. Should it be able to at least boot to the bios without the cpu attached? I have not tried that either?

Http:\\"It's the 21st Century I was promised a flying car! Where is my flying car?"
[afro]

With no CPU installed, there is nothing to run instructions, so no, you will not get into BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back