Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC won't boot: blue screen when Symantec AV 10.0 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2004
US
Recently I did Symantec AV 10.0 upgrade in the company for a week. Everything is doing fine on the server side for a week now and I tested client web install is ok too for quite some PCs.

However as I push web client install to all users yesterday, I got 2 users PCs won't boot up this morning with same blue screen and the PCs keep to reboot themselves in loops.

Please kindly help and it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and
Have a very nice day to All.

My colleague fix it by booting from safe mode. (I do not have detail info about this) If anyone needs it, I will check it back.

Boot from Safe mode, and uninstall the antivirus client. Try it again. If it still doesn't work, try the CD install, if that doesn't work, you might want to contact Symantec tech support to report it.

I have the same problem and I get the "IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error. And I boot to safe mode and it works for about a week or two, then the error comes back. This is happening to all my new IBM machines I have on my network. I should have stayed with SAV version 9.

Sorry for the late check back in and thank you for the 2 kind replies from Arsynic & Smoyer90. Here is the fix:

1. Internet search blue screen error.

2. Symantec website search for the blue screen error fix, down load the fix file from symantec.

3. safe mode login to the problem pc, install the symantec fix program.

BTW: I have another user who got Outlook failed to open after AV 10.0 web client install: She safe mode logins to the PC and her outlook opens fine.

Thanks again,
and Have a great day.

Hello Smoyer90,

Try to follow my procedure of problem fix: Google or Yahoo and Symantec website search for the error code and error fix or talk to Symantec tech support and IBM tech support for the problem and the possible problem fix.

Thanks and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back