Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC will not connect to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnbtech

MIS
Feb 10, 2004
US
Greetings all!
I am trying to fix a pc with WinXP Pro, and IE 6, that will not connect to the internet through cable. I first found errors in the event viewer concerning RASMAN and RPC errors!
I googled and found that there were a couple services that were not running, so I thought I would try MS_RPC patch, however that did not fix it so I installed XP sp1, and that allowed me to start the services that would not start. I still cannot get in to the web, I tried switching NIC's and installing the correct drivers, that did not work. I am thinking that it is either some corrupted files in the OS or the IE 6 installation. Should I try reloading IE 6?
Please advise ASAP!!

P.S. I am trying to get this fixed asap, for a soldier that is deploying in a few days! (So his wife can e-mail him while he is in Iraq).
Thanks

Thank you very much for your help bcastner! Your first tip did the trick.

My best hope and wishes that the soldier to be deployed in the next few days returns safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back