Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Wallboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedgson

Technical User
Apr 9, 2008
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to start Avaya IP office's pc wallboard without being prompted for the login ID and computer and hence not having to press login?

I have tried to find some command line variables but with no success!!

We need to do this so we can schedule a reboot of the server with no user interaction..

Regards.

Jedgson,

The option you need is /plasma. It's listed in the PC wallboard manual. If you can't find the manual or need further information post again and someone will help.

Thanks

Andrew

/plasma does not mean you do not have to login to PCWB. It means that the user's phone doesn't have to be logged in. Basically you can use a phantom user to run the PCWB.

Plasma PC Wallboard
The Plasma PC Wallboard allows real time information to be displayed on a large plasma screen or a bank of PC monitors, for example in a reception area. Plasma mode will allow the PC Wallboard to run even though an agent is not logged on. If an agent logs out, the PC Wallboard will not automatically shut down.

To implement a Plasma PC Wallboard the PC Wallboard shortcut properties need to be amended with either one of the following command line parameters.

/PLASMA or /plasma
When the user opens PC Wallboard the only perceptible difference is that the user does not have to be logged on.

/PLASMA /NOMENUS or /plasma /nomenus
When the user opens PC Wallboard from a shortcut containing the above command line, the menu bar, toolbar and status bar will not be visible.

Note: A 'phantom' agent can be created solely for the purpose of running a Plasma PC Wallboard. A user needs to be created within IP Office Manager with a login code, i.e. a hot desk user. The Agent ID can be used to access the Plasma PC Wallboard without the user being logged in as an agent.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

Kyle,

Do you know if there are any other command line options other than /plasma and /nomenus as I am unable to find any? Hopefully one which would allow us to log in with out the prompt.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back