Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Wallboard/CCView - logged in user showing as logged out. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jual

Programmer
Mar 1, 2006
GB
CCC recently upgraded to 5.0.73.
IP office 412 recently upgraded to 5.0(24)
and other bits and bobs upgraded too.

Obviously there have been various problems that we have had to resolve to make our original configuration work.

I wonder if anyone can think of possible causes of this problem that has occurred this morning...

A particular Agent is not registering as logged in when they are logged in and so their calls answered info isn't showing up on the PC wallboard and they aren't able to login to PC Wallboard themselves (comes up with the error saying they aren't logged in).

They appear in CCView as logged off.

Had no problems yesterday with the exact same setup. User has obviously tried logging out and in.

We have 10 Agents licensed and 10 agents configured although only a few of them are actually logged in at the moment.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Alan

I don't really want to be recreating users all the time.

what's caused it, what's stopping it happening again tomorrow?

I upgraded last week, it never happened before that. It's happened once since. Do you think it won't happen again? Also, are you sure it'll fix it?

Cheers
Alan

I'll give it a go in the absence of any other ideas but I was trying to work out if it was a guess or based on previous experience of the problem.

Sorry I don't understand.

"user self censors self"

I am open to guesses.

well for a small fee £850 / day ill come to site and fix it for you. (travel and other expenses not included)

sorry of my free advise only appears as a guess

ACSS - SME

Bloody hell, how many guesses do I get for that?

Just one!

He probably is trying to tell you that he gives you free advise and you are not willing to try that.
Then the other option is pay for support.
His and my own cristal ball will help in this situation.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Well honestly my guess is that you are a rookie who knows nothing about troubleshooting. All troubleshooting is guessing based on education and experience. But we technicians like to think of ourselfs better than simple guessers.

The process of elimination is another big tool and my education and experiance leads me to believe that you are a rookie. However some rookies take free advise well and work with the advisors. This usually leads to a resolution all free of charge. And then there is you.

Truely a guess would be " Try sitting backwards in your car and starting the ignition" and not "Try rebuilding the user".

Perhaps you should just put your technician on the phone. All of these comments I tried loosely to self censor. But since you pressed...

I will try it 'out of hours' but I can't do it right now as this is our busiest week of the year, the user needs to be taking calls and it'll take a while to recreate the user then add them into to their ridiculous number of hunt groups. so I was holding out in the hope that someone would say "oh yes, I've seen this before, the solution was...".

I'd do appreciate the assistant, I realise that your time is expensive and I'm getting it for free I was just trying to establish whether the answer hsm was giving was from something he'd seen before or a guess.

I've just seen your post CarGo

I'm genuinely very sorry if I've offended anyone with the use of the word 'guess'. I didn't mean it in a derogatory way. Just literally as explained above.

Also in my defence. We support our system ourselves. Many years ago we had a support contract but it got to the point were we knew more about our system than the people we were paying to support it. We've been doing this for many years now and we're quite familiar with using a bit of guess work mixed with experience. As I say, was just hoping for the "oh yes, I've seen this before, the solution was...".

I wouldn't say I'm a rookie but I'm probably nearer a rookie than a pro, I certainly have no certifications.

For future reference.

Deleting the user, merging, recreating, merging had no effect.

After restarting the CCC Reporting and Delta Server Services it started working again.

That was a long post for such a minor problem.

Restarting Windows stuff is the first thing to try!
How hard is doing this kind of basic problem solving?
You alway need to eliminate stuff to be sure it that is the problem or not.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

>After restarting the CCC Reporting and Delta Server Services it started working again

which forced a resync of the agent list with the IPO....

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back