Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC to TV Image size issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwolds

Programmer
Aug 6, 2002
GB
Hi,

OS - WinXPro
Graphics card - geForce4 ti 4200 128 meg (Lasted drivers)
PC - TV - Svideo to scart using the clone setting in Nvidia NView.

The cloned pc image on the TV is too large for the screen and I cannot shrink it unless I change the monitor resolution to 800:600. Is there another way to do this?

Thanks
Jon

The latest uinified driver pkg from NVidia allows setup through their own control panel like interface. This installs and is available foe a 5xxxseries card that I have. From their descriprion of the unified driver it should be similar for all of their cards.

See if you can use this to set the monitors.

There is a 'clone' setting, you can select one as primary, you can set resolution independantly for each monitor/TV, etc.

You could also check their site for a manual on this.

rvnguy
"I know everything..I just can't remember it all

I just set up some dual-monitor systems last night on GeForce 5500 series cards, and I don't think it's exactly possible.

Your options are dualview, span, and clone. Dualview and span let you move windows/etc from one display to the other. One of them allows each display to have it's own resolution, color depth, etc (I think that this is dualview). The other requires them to be the same (I think that this is span).

The clone option outputs the exact same video signal over both interfaces, so if the secondary display has a lower resolution you will not see the entire desktop. There's no way around this with the clone option.

Got it to work by using 1040:768. Not a great resolution but beats 800:600.

Thanks for your help.
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back